Reflections of week 3/7/16 – 3/13/16
• Traditions and being wasteful
• Who can you trust?
• Deadline for Summer Camp
• Good surprises
• Sickness takeover
• Matthew Hussey
• Lack of consistency and follow through
This week sickness kicked my butt. I originally thought it might be the flu and thankfully it turned out to be just a cold. I’m still feeling it but I was down for the count and needed a day to sleep. I actually haven’t been sick in a long time, but seeing how things have been going for me lately, I’m not entirely surprised. My body doesn’t like when I mess with routine and regularly stay up past my bedtime and get less than 8 hours of sleep. It was bound to to give me a wake up call!
The deadline for early-bird pricing for Stratejoy Summer Camp is tomorrow. I need to decide if I’m going to do this. I know I wouldn’t regret spending the money – so what is stopping me? I guess I’m a bit of a commitment-phobe. This is a perfect example of the lack of follow through I have. I don’t know if it’s some type of self sabotage, or that I lack confidence in myself to really go for something. I start a lot of things and have so many things competing for my mental/emotional attention. I don’t know how to get past that part where I stop. This is a factor from working out to painting something. It’s NOT just things that are a chore – it’s things that are pleasurable as well. Is it a lack of motivation, fear, both? How do I overcome this?
I was introduced to Matthew Hussey via The Lively Show this week. He is a dating coach/expert. I tend to take this kind of advice with a grain of salt because I rarely feel like it applies to my actual life. I have to say that Matthew Hussey is quite refreshing. Take a listen for yourself. I am going to write more about him later this week.
“I pray to be used for higher purposes than my own, and know I will be sent on tasks that only God could choose for me. My path is blessed and my success guaranteed.” – Marianne Williamson, A Year of Miracles
• When I first started getting sick, I intentionally chose to slow down and be gentle with myself. I used this Tapping meditation and focused on infusing all my cells with light during my morning meditation. Then when I was down for the count I thought, ah maybe this doesn’t work. However, when I get sick it comes in for a week, hits me hard for a week, and takes a week to go away. This time I stayed home one day to sleep. I am not 100% yet but the next day I was much more functioning and back in the game, and still am. I was quick to judge but getting back into the swing of things already is a drastic improvement to my typical sickness timeline. I’m a believer in listening to your body!
• This season of House of Cards is just ok so far…
• Please send me your tips on how you stay focused and motivated! How do you set goals that excite you? I want to know!
• I always wanted to be one of those people who was spontaneous to just stop what they are doing or interrupt their plans when an opportunity presented itself. Well, I’m actually quite a bit of a planner, but the most spiritual thing to me is nature, and I’m a sucker for a beautiful sunset. So I was a little late, almost missed it because of my mental debate – BUT I did decide to race time to one of my favorite spots and snap a pic of the beautiful sunset on Friday night. My phone cannot capture the true beauty and colors that night, but here ya go!
Thank you, as always, for visiting the Brave and Brokenhearted! There are so many ways to stay connected to make sure you don’t miss out on updates. Pick your platform: Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook! Prefer a monthly update with the best highlights? Sign up on my newsletter here.
Send me a message, a tweet, a comment – I’d love to hear from you!