Reflections of week 2/15/16 – 2/21/16
• Excitement of vacation
• Foreboding joy & Writing Mantras
• Getting used to West Coast time
• Meeting indirect coworkers
• Staying out late
Reflecting on this past week starts with vacation anticipation and now I’m here! I had a fear of getting on the plane but the flights here weren’t bad at all! Yay positive affirmations, gratitude and Dramamine!
The time change has been something to get used to. At first I was tired at 6pm because that is 9pm at home – my bedtime! I am getting used to the time here though which might be a little rough going home. I even stayed out late Friday night – midnight west coast time, 3am home time! My body didn’t hate me for it too much.
My favorite parts of being in San Diego so far: the sunsets, the sound of the ocean waves, getting pedicures, having an acai bowl, taking an awesome Yin yoga class, and the new baby.
“I surrender my financial fears today. As I abundantly give of myself, may abundance be given me.” – Marianne Williamson, A Year of Miracles
• California is a beautiful place.
• Not working out makes hiking up California mountains hard.
• I am practicing my letting go of control by not having a set schedule for this trip. The balance between letting go and trying to control (or take initiative) is tricky!
Thank you, as always, for visiting the Brave and Brokenhearted! There are so many ways to stay connected to make sure you don’t miss out on updates. Pick your platform: Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook! Prefer a monthly update with the best highlights? Sign up on my newsletter here.
Send me a message, a tweet, a comment – I’d love to hear from you!